How to re-engage after a month of few blog posts due to the rush of the academic year semester schedule? I’m checking back with some of my favorite blogs to see what I have missed. Notable posts below.
- Flowing Data’s posts, here and here, on the political threat to the American Community Survey.
- Interactive data visualization by Maya Lin on the global loss of biodiversity, also noted in a Flowing Data post.
- On the Landscape Visualization blog, there is news that Trimble is buying Sketchup from Google.
- Planetizen has only one article about bicycles on its main page! But plenty on transportation in general and the requisite Richard Florida take on cities.
- Planetizen references an interesting Globe and Mail article on what Planetizen describes as “peak people” and the call for policy to increase immigration. And there’s an article on Medellin, Columbia, the surprising turn-around city where the International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA) conference will be held in October.
- And, only one more for now (that Medellin article is distracting me) – the Pruned blog calls our attention to this: